What is the importance of brand storytelling? The age of social media has become a great force in influencing consumers’ views of various brands, making online marketing more important now than ever. In fact, social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat have gained popularity due to its appeal to customers, specifically through its use of storytelling. Brand storytelling is an important way to connect with your audience as well as expand your audience engagement. In this new era of marketing, personalization and networking have become important factors of successful marketing. This could be seen in the rise of fan bases in YouTube influencers as well as online bloggers. By establishing a connection with your targeted audience, storytelling can help you with brand awareness. Do you want to implement a successful marketing strategy to market your brand? Learn more about the importance of brand storytelling with these helpful tips.
The Importance of Brand Storytelling
What is Brand Storytelling?
Brand storytelling is a strategy used in brand marketing to increase brand awareness. Just as the word implies, brand storytelling is the act of telling a story through various mediums (e.g. videos, posts, social media, and etc.) to capture your targeted audience’s attention. Brand storytelling can strengthen and increase your audience by creating an emotional connection to your audience. Today’s audience is driven by personal connections that they make with brands. Engaging in brand storytelling can open doors to expanding your targeted audience. The importance of brand storytelling lies in the ability to successfully evoke emotions within your audience to establish a relationship. Implementing a successful brand storytelling strategy will help your audience learn more about your brand, helping you grow your audience.
Why Should Your Brand Engage in Brand Storytelling?
There are many benefits of brand storytelling. For example, a strong brand storytelling marketing strategy can distinguish your brand from your competitors. An important aspect of converting your audience is by being memorable. As a matter of fact, studies show that certain parts of the brain are activated when you are engaged in storytelling. The importance of brand storytelling lies in its ability to capture the audience’s attention. Ultimately, consumers want to build relationships and network with brands. Fostering a community of engagement between your brand and your audience will greatly help establish a connection. With a strong strategy in brand storytelling, you will ultimately establish brand loyalty as your audience begin to associate your brand with your content.
Seven Tips for a Successful Brand Storytelling Strategy:
- Focus on your consumers’ wants and needs: In order to generate brand awareness, you need to appeal to your audience, and that means that you need to focus on what your consumers want and need. At the end of the day, your audience is the people who you are selling your brand to, so prioritize them and listen to what they want. Tailoring your content to your consumers’ preferences is crucial to creating an appealing story.
- Be aware of trends: Trends are constantly changing, but there is no surprise that they affect your audience. Remember the era of the Unicorn Frappuccino? Don’t dismiss cultural trends because they can be key to marketing to your audience.
- Create customer value-oriented content: One of the goals of brand storytelling is to convert consumers and retain the ones that you already have. You want to evoke emotion in your audience and eventually change their beliefs and opinions of your brand, which will influence consumer behavior.
- Venture into various media: Video marketing is one of the many popular platforms for brand storytelling. In fact, brands such as Weight Watchers, Apple, and Dove have gained popularity for their successes in brand storytelling through video marketing.
- Don’t dismiss the basic structure of a story: A great story has a beginning, middle, and end along with a climax and a resolution. Don’t forget about the foundations of what makes a great story!
- Evoke emotions in your audiences: Stories based on real experiences will generate more success because they convey raw emotions, making it easier for your audience to relate to your brand.
- Bring out your brand’s personality: At the end of the day, you shouldn’t compromise your brand’s values. Highlight your brand’s personality through storytelling to help your audience learn more about you.